These are the changes that will take place at Southend Foodbank in response to the coronavirus guidance issued by the government.
The changes in our operating service are as follows:
- Handing out parcels to people who come to the foodbank at the front door
- Stopping wraparound support and services, like refreshments and signposting
- Closing the following centres week commencing the 30th of March.
- Ferndale DC – usually open on Wednesdays from 10-12
- Belle Vue DC’s Friday session – usually open on Fridays from 10-12.
- Changing our opening times as follows:
- Belle Vue DC – will be open on Tuesdays from 12-3, instead of 1-3
- Our Westcliff DC will move to St Saviours from Kings Road URC
This is our revised timetable from next week:
|Monday||Hawkwell DC||Hawkwell Baptist
|Tuesday||Belle Vue DC||Belle Vue Baptist
Belle Vue Avenue
|Wednesday||Westcliff DC (Please note change in venue)||St Saviours
|Thursday||Shoebury DC||Shoeburyness and Thorpe Bay Baptist Church
90 Thorpdene Gardens
|Friday||Earls Hall DC||Earls Hall Baptist Church
120 Hobleythick Lane
|Saturday||Leigh DC||West Leigh Baptist Church
1150 London Road
|9:30 – 11am|
Our primary concern is ensuring that anyone who needs a foodbank remains able to access food in a way that is safe for everyone involved, and we hope that with your help, we will be able to ensure no one falls through the gap at this challenging time.